What can I do about my child in education who is borderline but not statemented for special needs?

Just because a child didn’t have a statement of educational needs or an Education & Health Care Needs assessment didn’t mean that their needs shouldn’t be met. Any child who is identified as having a special need or disability, is entitled under the Equalities Act to have education and support in school. It’s important to go back to the school and talk to them about it. It doesn’t matter if the child has a diagnosis or not, if they’ve identified some weak areas then the school should be addressing that through the SEN Support and should have a plan in place. They should have a cycle of assess/plan/do/review and the parent should be involved in designing and reviewing that plan.